Hello and welcome to my website.
My name is Martin LaLand Romero and as a visual effects artist, I have worked for video games and film the past 7 years. My projects included several game titles and shorts, a 3D TV series, and game cinematics. My main focus is designing lifelike particle effects using proprietary engines and 3D applications. I have created special effects such as explosions, smoke, clouds, liquid, fire, cloth, debris and rigid bodies simulation. I often use photo realistic texturing and lighting to bring my particles to life.
Titles Worked On:
- Unannounced Mobile (2015)
- Dawngate PC (2014)
- SimCity: Cities Of Tomorrow PC (2013)
- Unannounced PC, Console (2013)
- Tomb Raider Console/PC (2013)
- Thor: God of Thunder Console (2011)
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Console (2009)
Proprietary Game Engines, Unreal Engine 4, Unity 5, PopcornFX, Houdini 13, Maya 2015, 3Ds Max 2015, Photoshop CS6, After Effects CS3 and Nuke X as well as plugins like FumeFx, Thinking Particles, Afterburn, Vray, and RayFire.
- Good understanding of the dynamics and procedural simulation through the use
of sprites, particles, emitters, fields, collisions, rigid-bodies, soft-bodies and fluid
- Team collaborator, effective communicator and good at problem solving
- Current with new techniques, most recent software and
participate in the CG community
- Versatile learning new pipelines, engines, and software
- Mentoring of team members and skilled in creating tutorials for external artists